Summary of 2015-2016 Parish Financial Report
The current Parish Finance Council has been in place for a good number of years. The purposes of the Finance Council are:
- To assist and advise the Pastor in matters relating to the evaluation of the material and financial needs of whole parish and all groups therein.
- To provide a means whereby issues concerning the Finance Council may be discussed with the Pastor.
- To submit proposals, whether for the parish as a whole and for any group therein, to the Pastor for his consideration.
- To at all times follow and abide by the values and canonical principles of the Roman Catholic Church.
- To provide a mechanism for organization, coordination and self government of the Finance Council in harmony with the Pastor and the Parish Pastoral Council
- To discharge the responsibilities and prerogatives entrusted by Canon Law, the Bishop of Orange, and the Pastor to the Finance Council.
The responsibilities of the Finance Council are:
- Reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating the financial affairs for the parish and all parish organizations.
- Making recommendations to the Pastor regarding the establishment, maintenance and ongoing improvement and enforcement of the financial systems of the parish.
- Evaluating the proper and equitable usage of all parish properties and buildings.
- Planning, preparing and assisting in the preparation of the parish budget, and the annual report to the people of the parish.
- Advising the Pastor regarding any acts of extraordinary administration.
- Other such activities as determined by the Pastor.
Membership on the Finance Council is determined by appointment by the Pastor.